Sexuality and Space Specialty Group 2018 Call for Sponsorship
The Sexuality and Space Specialty Group (SXSSG) invites Calls for Papers and Session Sponsorship requests for paper presentations, panels and author-meets-critics sessions for the upcoming AAG 2018 in New Orleans (April 10-14, 2018).
Please email JP Catungal (firstname.lastname@example.org) for requests, inquiries, questions, and proposals for collaboration.
The SXSSG’s goal is to promote and facilitate scholarly and other geographic inquiry into human sexualities and related issues. We are therefore interested in papers, panels and author-meets-critics sessions that deal substantially with questions related to sexualities, including but limited to these topics:
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer (LGBTQ) identities, communities and politics;
- Queer theories, politics, methods, and approaches;
- Heterosexualities, heteronormativities, and homonormativities;
- Practices and spaces of desires, reproductions, intimacies, intercourses, and relationships;
- Couples, families, single people and other forms of organizing social-sexual lives; and
- Sexual affects
AND their intersections with and inseparabilities from this admittedly incomplete list of topics:
- Race, gender, class, dis/ability, religion;
- colonialism and imperialism;
- Migration and im/mobility;
- Labour activisms;
- Socio-economic inequalities;
- Health and social services; and
- Theory building
Do consider having Sexuality and Space co-sponsor your AAG sessions. I would be more than happy to chat with anyone about how Sexuality and Space might infuse a session that, on the surface, does not seem related to the topic.
Download the CFS here.