The Sexuality and Space Specialty Group (SXSSG) is excited to announce the 2019 Call for Paper and Session Sponsorship! SXSSG invites sponsorship requests for paper presentations, panels and author-meets-critics sessions for the upcoming 2019 Annual Meeting of the AAG in Washington, D.C. (April 3-7, 2019).
Please email the Sponsored Sessions Program Coordinator, JP Catungal (email@example.com), for requests, inquiries, questions, and proposals for collaboration.
The SXSSG’s goal is to promote and facilitate scholarly and other geographic inquiry into human sexualities and related issues. We are therefore interested in papers, panels and author-meets-critics sessions that deal substantially with questions related to sexualities, including, but not limited to, these topics:
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer (LGBTQ) identities, communities and politics;
- Queer theories, politics, methods, and approaches;
- Heterosexualities, heteronormativities, and homonormativities;
- Practices and spaces of desires, reproductions, intimacies, intercourses, and relationships;
- Couples, families, single people and other forms of organizing social-sexual lives; and
- Sexual affects
AND their intersections with and inseparabilities from this admittedly incomplete list of topics:
- Race, gender, class, dis/ability, religion;
- colonialism and imperialism;
- Migration and im/mobility;
- Labour activisms;
- Socio-economic inequalities;
- Health and social services; and
- Theory building
Do consider having SXSSG co-sponsor your AAG sessions. JP would be more than happy to chat with anyone about how SXSSG might infuse a session that, on the surface, does not seem related to the topic.
Download the CFS here.